Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Week's Progress -- A Year's Work

My arduous road towards Coastal Assault in late January of 2011 continues. I have dim aspirations of actually having my whole army painted for it. I ground out 12 Gaunts over the last week which at my own rate of painting is a feat. Changed up my color scheme a bit and improved upon the highlights on my gaunts by leaps and bounds (Used to just use white for the highlight).






I got together all of my models that are currently painted. Looking at all the Nids I've painted over roughly the last year is pretty underwhelming when you have it all together at one time. I had plenty of time in which I lost interest in painting for weeks at a time, so I guess it's to be expected.
Here's my Hive Fleet Orochi in all of it's sort-of glory. I still have a good 100+ models unpainted. -_-







Back to painting...






Oh, and I saw this on 4Chan's /tg/ board. 
I thought it was too batshit insane to pass up.




6 comments:

  1. Good looking 'gants! I've done the opposite of the Leviathan colour scheme. Don't want to post a link without your permission, but feel free to click on my profile and check Men With Toy Soldiers if you'd like.

    If you haven't seem them already, Ghoulio's Leviathan 'Nids at Legio Minimus are absolutely stunning, and good inspiration for all Tyranid painters, but especially those doing a Leviathan scheme.

    Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are looking good, I know that the entire army looks overwhelming, but just look how amazing the finished models look together. Once they are done, they are done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll check out your blog, Atreyu. I'll follow you as well, if you'd like to do the same. :D

    Always looking for more followers.

    Feel free to link to your blog, also.

    ReplyDelete