Friday, November 19, 2010

Trygon!

I think i'm just about done with my Trygon. I applied the stain last night, which didn't go as smoothly as I had hoped. Brushing on the stain evenly on such a large model definitely takes a bit more finesse than the smaller ones I've done thus far. The stain on the chest looks blotchy and more heavy than I wanted. No amount of brushing and attempting to soak up the stain did my much good. It's my only gripe with the model.

It's turned out good, at any rate. I'm happy with it. I'll probably do some highlights on the scything talons once I figure out an effective way to do so. I'll be perusing Coolminiornot for some ideas I guess. I plan to make his base pretty ornate. A disemboweled Blood Angel will be featured on it. (/Wink at Ryan)

Think i'll just work on some Gaunts next. Back to basics. Mmmm :D





2 comments:

  1. Seriously looking good!

    May I recommend for your dead Space Marine:

    http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440277a&prodId=prod1690064

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be cheaper to use some plastic Marine bits instead I think. I have like 5 bits boxes full of stuff. I think I can manage to bring a tactical marine and some intestines to you if you need em.

    ReplyDelete