Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Tervigon Grows

The last set of big ol' scything talons that i've needed finally came in, so the Tervigon can finally start coming together.

He's still looking pretty rough. There's a lot of shaving and sanding to be done, as well as a good amount of epoxy and green stuff applications that are still needed, but I like how it's shaping up.

Also, my dice arrived. I'll get to give them a few rolls on the table tomorrow vs. Ryan's Blood Angels and Carter's Space Wolves. May run a batrep on one of them.

 ^^^^^^^^
                    I'm trying to make the conversion look like the codex artwork. 





I've reworked the two shades of lighter purple i'll be using for the highlights from now on. I've created two fairly large pots of them to continue to use. The highlights on the Trygon are ongoing.



5 comments:

  1. You should get some Gaunts bursting from its chest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I have a spare gaunt which i'll have freshly spawned, still lying on the ground as if it had just burst out.

    Gonna try experimenting with hot glue to gain a gooey afterbirth effect oozing from the tubes on it's chest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those man sized dice look nice! I can't wait to see that Tervigon all painted up.

    It would be cool if you could have some sort of action scene of it birthing the gaunts on the base. Have you seen the Forge World Brood Nest? Maybe you could build a part of a nest into the base with gaunts hatching out and the Tervigon just sort of standing over it like he created it.

    http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Tyranids/TYRANID-BROOD-NEST.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I plan to have one gaunt head poking from one of the birthing tubes. The other tube will appear as if it's just pushed a gaunt forth.

    I'm going to segement a gaunt and have it lying underneath the other tube as if it's just been produced and hasn't gotten up yet.

    Throw in some dried hot-glue from the tubes and I think it'll be a pretty awesome scene when it's finally done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Post updated with some more pics

    ReplyDelete